10 June 2009

My 15 minutes (seconds)

Thought I'd share something vaguely media related. I managed an absolutely tiny, (some would say) insignificant moment of fame the other day. Anyone who was following the BBC's live web text commentary of the Australia vs Sri Lanka game at the World Twenty20 may have seen this e-mail, around about the start of the Sri Lankan innings.

From Mark, Chessington, TMS inbox: "Murali bowls four good overs, gets
nothing. And this young upstart Mendis gets Ponting, Watson and Hussey! Are
we witnessing the changing of the guard? How annoyed must Murali be?"

I'm sure Murali will forgive him if Sri Lanka win!
Yes, 'Mark, Chessington, TMS Inbox' is none other than myself. It appears e-mailing into these things does work sometimes, even if it is a sad indictment of how very little I had to do that evening. Thank you very much, Mark Mitchener.

Read my dazzling input in it's full context here. Warning: May require some scrolling.

No comments: